Dressing in between seasons can be difficult. One minute it’s hot, the next it’s cold or out of nowhere the rain starts pouring down! All of which amongst other things makes it hard to know what to wear. I find the best way of tackling this and being prepared is by having these 6 capsule pieces in my wardrobe that I come back to each time we start transitioning to a new season.
First up-The Blazer. This one I’ve added to my wardrobe this year from Zara. If like me you struggle to let go of your summer uniform that you’ve enjoyed wearing through June, July and August then layering by adding a blazer is the answer to prolonging your summer clothes! I fell in love with this one because it is a bit longer than others I have and the checked fabric is cool.
2. The Trench Coat. Trench coats are a brilliant way of covering up either for a bit more warmth or and to protect you from the rain. I use to get through trench coats each season because I wore them to death, mainly because in England there is a lot of rain! I invested in this one 2 years ago now and I’m pleased to say it is still going strong.
3. The Leather Jacket. A great piece to wear over dresses for evenings out or with jeans in the day time to keep you that little bit warmer as the temperature starts to drop. This one is a faux leather one from Zara.
4. The Duster is a great way of covering up either as we enter in to Spring or in to Autumn. I got this one a while ago from Topshop. It’s really light and floaty and perfect for keeping shoulders warmer as it starts to get colder. Similar one here.
5. Long Sleeve Basics can be worn with any outfit to keep you warmer replacing your usual T-shirts. Adding a white, black and grey is a good way of transitioning to colder weather and being able to mix and match your jeans, shorts and skirts. I usually get my basics from here.
6. The Cardigan. A classic that you can’t go wrong with. Cardigans are fab for layering over summer or spring clothes. This short black one is ages old but one of my favourites to wear with my shorts as it starts to get colder.
Finally, another key piece you’ll always find I have in my handbag at this time of year is an umbrella. You never know when you’re going to need it!
Below I’ve shared some of my favourite transition pieces around at the moment.
Shop The Post
I am totally with you! All these pieces are great for layering and really great when don’t know what to wear in the morning because of the weather. Not too warm and easily to combine with other clothings.
Great post! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend,