I’m sharing my Pregnancy Skincare with you. When I first became pregnant I found it difficult to find information on what products were safe to use. Before I became pregnant I was using a lot of acids and retinoids on my face which I was happy with. Seeing great results on the surface texture of my skin and anti-ageing, I talk more about in a post here. After mixed reviews about the use of these products during pregnancy, I decided to switch to organic during pregnancy. Here are the products I switched to.
- REN Ultra Moisture Day Cream. This cream is great for day to day use. I’ve been using it every morning after I’ve washed my face. I also like it because it doesn’t have any fragrance which helped keep my morning sickness at bay! It’s also non-greasy, so it doesn’t leave any shine on my skin afterwards.
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Pregnancy Peel. I found taking some time out to do a mask really therapeutic in my 2nd trimester. In my first trimester, I felt so rough that most of my self-care routines went out the window. It’s been nice to get back into taking care of my skin and enjoying a face mask. I found this one to be great at removing dead cells and giving me a clean base to then do my Alyla Pink Clay Mask.
- SkinCeuticals Botanical Gel. This gel has been brilliant at keeping away any darkened spots on my skin. Dark spots called the Mask Of Pregnancy are fairly common when pregnant and I started getting some in the corner of my forehead. I’ve been using this product for about 2 months and they have faded or almost gone completely!
- KYPRIS. KYPRIS is a luxury product. It’s pretty pricey but worth every penny as far as I’m concerned. It helps create a lovely dewy effect on my skin and leaves it looking younger and fresher. I’ve been wearing this religiously now for the last 3 months.
- Kora Organics Foaming Cleanser. This is the organic range created by model Miranda Kerr. I have oily skin that is dehydrated so a cleanser that tackles grease without drying me out is what I need. This cleanser does this perfectly using organic ingredients
- Alyla Skin. Made with Australian Pink Clay I found this mask to be so good at cleansing and revitalising my skin. My skin instantly looks brighter afterwards and it has helped me manage any breakouts on my face. The natural unique Australian pink clay is great at drawing out impurities. I found the mask set really hard which I find then leaves my skin really clean and tightens my pores.
Shop My Pregnancy Skincare Favourites
I would love to hear about Organic and Pregnancy Skincare products you love and would recommend. Feel free to post them in the comments below!
This post is in collaboration with Alyla Skin. Use discount code NYC_WOMAN for 15% off your purchase.